what gets DH's goat the the most ??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jbirds2012, Sep 19, 2012.

1. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    don't get me wrong, i love dh with all my heart, but there are a couple of subjects that i try to avoid with him.
    1, guys that go around half shaved, " lazy "
    2, hank willams jr "rode on shirt tail "
    3 egg suckin liberals "warning: don't go there"
    are there any other girls out there that can relate ? :)

2. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    If you look up "easy going" in the dictionary, you'll probably see Dave's picture there, LOL. Oh, there are things that annoy him, but he almost never seems to get very flapped about anything. He says he just doesn't see any point in it. I find it quite amazing and it's had a positive effect on me as well...I tend to be calmer about things as well since I've known him. We're still relative newlyweds (3 years this month) and I've only ever seen him really mad once...and that was because he felt that someone was treating me badly. For the most part, he just shrugs it off. However, he drives a shuttle van to and from the airport (about an hour one way) for a living and bad drivers both upset and scare him; he worries for the both the safety of his passengers and himself as well. I've never met anyone quite like him...it's almost "not normal" LOL

3. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    I got a big laugh out of your post, JBirds...and wow, can I relate...not with a husband, but with my mother. And yes, I love her dearly, too...but she's in her 80s and DON'T get her started on...

1) same-sex marriage (insert politically incorrect terms here)
    2) people who use the internet (apparently I'm the only one who isn't a freak or a weirdo)
    3) transacting business online (quote: I REFUSE to put my personal information on the computer! Apparently it hasn't occurred to her that everyone she does business with uses computers, so her personal information is already out there, ripe for the picking...)
    4) President Obama (you'd swear people voted for him just to annoy her...)

Thank God for my chickens...it gives us something to talk about that she doesn't disapprove of LOL

4. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    [​IMG]

5. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

#1 Mentioning that something needs to be fixed or improved on the chicken coop [​IMG] But in DH's defense he's done a lot of work on it:)

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Quote:I had to laugh when you mentioned your mother and Obama. Brought back memories. My mother is gone now, but when she was about the same age as your mother, she had exactly the same reaction to GWB. To listen to her, you would have thought President Bush had done some dastardly deed to her personally.

7. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    This being an election year, my mom has plenty of opportunities to pick on Obama. She doesn't know Romney well enough to dislike him yet (give her time...sigh...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by