1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what gifts are you making this holiday season?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I have very little for gifts this year and it wont reach further than my kids so for the rest of my family I am making things. For my son and my cousins son I am making the cute crayon roll ups I have seen on Etsy. For the rest I am making several types of jar recipes, bake biscotti and cookies and if time allows, handmade aprons and putting it all in a nice basket. My sewing machine is down so its hand stitching for those but I dont mind and Im pretty quick. So what gifts are you making this year.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I probably won't do any of the crafty gifts this year.
    I'll just do the fudge, the peanut brittle and try out this new recipe I found for heavenly hash candy.

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I'm knitting scarves for the kids, and for the adults I'm taking nice pillowcases (not the 200 count but more like 600 or 800) and using embroidery to "cutomize" it. I also plan on making some soaps and crocheting chenile wash-cloths for homemade bathbaskets.

4. rachaelc

rachaelc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Newberg
    I gleaned hazelnuts(filberts) and my dad had a friend dry them so I have a good 60 lbs to crack and give away. I am planning to make some jewelry from my bead kits, and spend time having the best of times with my family and friends.
    No black fridays or other rubbish. My husband just went back to work after 3 months off so we are fortunate to have a roof over our heads and get our mortgage amended to help us by. We have been doing Christmas ornament exchanges for the last few years and that has been a very enjoyable. Probably make them this year.

Rachael c - mother of all

5. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Im going to find a candy recipe for "chicken poop" and give that tied with a pretty guinea feather!

6. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:you will have to share that recipe when you find it '[​IMG]

7. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I googled candy recipe for chicken poop and guess what came up..............................this page [​IMG]

8. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if anyone is really into harry potter, I recently found a recipe for butterbeer [​IMG] I'm sure some people would love that.

9. Phox01

Phox01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Straughn , Indiana
    I skipped 2 years of traditional new bed pillows , boy did I hear about that , so they are back on the list this year . Cookies galore is all that I have planed for everything else . May do some jam if DH can find time to help me.

Mary

10. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    I'll be making some quillows for my nieces.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by