What good is animal control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
If they are not going to control the animals? Or the Fish & Game Dept. for that matter?? What the heck is their job description? A friend of mine has been getting attacked by a bobcat while it is leaping at her geese, finally she has gotten injured badly enough to require stitches. Each time the cat has charged/jumped at/knocked her down while trying to get her geese, she has called F&G or animal control. What do they tell her?? They give her permission to trap or shoot it. So I wonder what their job is? I thought it was their job to trap or shoot a wild animal that was a threat to people...apparently not
hmm.png

After the first time I was ignored, I wouldn't have needed permission ot shoot it. I would have needed restrained to keep me from it.

I would be seriously concerned about a bobccat that is attacking humans. That is very abnormal behavior!!!

Rabies exposure is no joke.

Animal control comes in after you've taken care of the problem.
roll.png
Or after it's too late. My grandma had issues with feral cats running around her place, and she finally called animal control. I was there when it happened - they showed up, and were expecting her to have the cats already trapped. Totally useless - they told her to get some traps for the cats, then they'd show up to remove the cats.

Has she called them since it attacked her? I would think animal control would have to go after a bobcat that has attacked someone, due to rabies and all.

Quote:
Not really, I mean considering this woman was trying to take the bobcat's (WILD ANIMAL) meal.

I would attack someone too, if they tried to take my food away, but then I've always been a little food aggressive- I am a big girl ya know
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
We live in the country. The game warden does not set traps or catch animals out here, that is not his job. His job is to make sure you are not hunting or fishing illegally.

We must have our own steel traps, trap cages or shotguns. That is just the way it is out in the country. We dont have dog or cat catchers that is for the city folk.

I sure wouldn't mess around with a Bobcat, we have had a few over the years, they are little but they are mighty.

Here, fish and game will rent you a trap, come help you set it up for whatever is in your area, etc. IF you can get a hold of them. It took me about 3 weeks when I was calling to try to find out how best to get rid of the raccoons in my yard. I am in the city, but f and game is for the whole area around here, so country too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom