1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Hand Quilted Item Would You Buy? POLL

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Wallhanging

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Table Topper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Table Runner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Couch/Chair Throw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lap Quilt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What hand quilted item would you be most likely to purchase, other than a bed quilt? You may choose more than one. Thank you for your input! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

Thanks to the people who voted in the poll. It helps me decide what items to begin making this winter to put up for sale and I really appreciate it! [​IMG] More votes are appreciated though, so keep 'em coming.

To clarify, the items I'm talking about would be machine pieced, but quilted entirely by hand. I'm still a pretty good hand quilter, if I do say so myself. Beats a foreign-made Walmart quilt any day of the week, hands down and I say that with utter confidence. [​IMG]

Here is an example of my quilting so you can see what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I would LOVE curtains made! nice country quilted curtains. My bedroom windows are not normal and are huge..I have yet to find anything from anyone- anywhere who has them or what I like. I'm not even picky:( We have flannel sheets covering my windows right now-at least the sheets match! [​IMG] do you make those Cyn???

4. speckledhen

No, I don't make anything except actual quilts and on occasion, I applique a quilt block onto a sweatshirt. I can't sew worth a lick! Can't make clothes, etc. Trust me, I've tried. My best friend in HS was a home ec major. She tried to teach me. My aunt was a home ec teacher and she tried. I'm hopeless, LOL.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:SEE??? This is why I'll never have the curtains I envision in my head [​IMG] I can't sew squat--wait I can fix tiny holes or rips but that is it! I like your quilting!

6. speckledhen

I'll have to research and see if I can find an example of what you're talking about. If you find one online, send me the link, okay?

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I will:) Thank you!

8. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Speckled Hen, what about seasonal wall hangings? I think those would sell.
    My vote goes to table runners and place mats.

Sunny-sewing curtains is easy, all straight lines and flat panels. You can do it!

9. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you ever thought of making quilted totes?

The seasonal wall-hanging idea is a great one - my mother-in-law quilted for years and made Christmas and Valentines and birthday hangings for all the kids - they are treasures!

Quilted hot pads?

If you make anything quilted with a chicken theme I want to know about it!

10. speckledhen

Quote:I have done wall hangings and/or table runners in seasonal colors, but themes, I don't do. For instance, here are a couple of items you might see as matching this holiday season, though it's just due to the colors:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've done sweatshirts with appliqued quilt blocks on them like this:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by