What happened here. help. pic included

applecore5

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 7, 2012
Elizabeth, CO
just went to clean coop this morning and found this. 2 eggs and tons of poo from the same chicken. is something wrong with her?? was she egg bound?? everyone was acting normally yesterday.

reminds me of when my hen was egg bound. She laid 2 eggs at the same time. the first came out and then the second landed on the other and since she was egg bound the shells were weak and they both broke. since there is a lot of poop it looks as though she was sitting there most of the night trying to just work through it. pooping pooping pooping as most chickens do at night when they just sit in one place.

IDK for sure if it will happen again. Mine was removed from a nest box when I got her and it stressed her out. the relocation and being moved to a new place WHILE in the middle of laying an egg. it seems your chicken worked through it on her own this time. do you know what chicken it was? my chicken had labored breathing for about 2 to 3 days before.

I have it narrowed down to 2 chickens I'm fairly sure it was my orpington, bellina. She was acting completely normal the day before and the day after. She does this silly run across their outdoor area. I did notice her pecking at my barred rock and swallowing the piece of feather yesterday so I gave them hard boiled egg yesterday. Should I be expecting an egg from her today? At what point do I worry she's egg bound again? Is there anything I should be giving them to prevent this happening? Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom