what happened to global warming pun intended

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by djackjr, Dec 19, 2008.

1. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Its been below freezing for almost a week now, which happens oh about every 20 years or so for that long of time. Have a foot of snow on the ground and now we are going to get up to 6" to maybe a foot more then turn to freezing rain! Oh and the cherry on top if you live out where I am 50 to 60 mph winds with gusts to 90! Bring back global warming please!!!(kidding on that one folks)

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well, it's cold here.... and we had one of the coolest summers (we did get to 116 once) that I remember...it will get down to 40 tonight.

Of course algore would argue that it's because of 'global warming' I think it's all a bunch of &%$*%&(_+.

3. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    My parents live just south of Tucson have said its been colder then normal, I asked if they wanted it colder i could send some, Dad said I'm retired and I golf keep your cold weather up there [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Well, according to the theory, the added heat into the system causes a greater swing from hot to cold in most climates.

Do we have any climatologists here?

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Totally agree.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:This is how I understood it, I hope there is someone around that can explain it.

7. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    i can explain it! its all a bunch of hooey! its just earth going through natural cycles!

8. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:You are right. There have been those that would like to change the term from Global Warming to Global Weirding. There is a difference between weather and climate and should not be confused. Weather is merely a short term manifestation, and these small weather events won't really impact the overall climate of a location. The truth is, that climate change will effect different places in different ways, and the impacts are becoming obvious on the long term averages. The earth's climate systems are extremely complex. And, the VAST majority of the world's scientists (from oceanographers to climatologists) who have studied this have found that it is, in fact (and unfortunately) not a bunch of hooey.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  9. SussexInSeattle

SussexInSeattle Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Washington
    I would imagine that all those icebergs in Alaska that we see images of of busting off and falling into the sea are having to go somewhere so they are whipping up from the ocean and dumping snow all over us. We don't need more global warming, we need more global cooling so those ice mountains stay intact, stay put and stay off my street! I wanna drive![​IMG]

10. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:I hear you! I have been stuck in the house for days, and worse the kids have had no school because of ice on the roads! Maybe this is Earth's evil plan to get us to lower our carbon footprints by making is so we can't drive anywhere [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by