What Happened To My Baby?!! Full-body pics here now :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by magicpigeon, Dec 24, 2010.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I'm back from Malaysia (with a thousand mosquito bites... [​IMG] ) but anyways, look what happened to my sussex! I think I've got a pullet but have no way of knowing... [​IMG] My silkies are also old enough to tell the gender and I'm thinking I got a boy and a girl, though any other opinions are VERY welcome, unless they're both roosters [​IMG]

MUG SHOTS:

before :[​IMG]

After:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm a bit worried about the red near the wattles but in temperament it's definetely a hen

This is the silkie I think is a pullet:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the silkie I think is a cockerel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sussex is 7 weeks and the silkies 3 months [​IMG] Thankyou and have a merry Christmas [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    they grow fast! The person caring for them while you were away did a good job cus they look healthy. [​IMG]

3. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Yeah, until I realised he was feeding my roos (and pullets) layer pellets...XD

4. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    The Silkie made me Aw so loudly! [​IMG] Gorgeous! Im getting some in the spring :3

5. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG]

....Any ideas on gender?? Anybody?? [​IMG]

6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    1st one I say pullet, the silkies I am not sure on. Would also help with a full body shot of them standing so we can see the tail feathers from a side profile.

7. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    I agree that you have a hen and a roo silkie! I got 7 silkies in a bantam assortment and they roos feathered out like that, kinda mohawkish at first and then filled in. Also the cushion-like comb looked just like my guys did.

I sold ALL of the silkie roos and kept the 2 hens, a white and a partridge. My experience with silkies reminds me of the OLD Star trek episode about Trouble with Tribbles, they reproduce like mad! And apparently the silkie genes are dominant, so ANYTHING a silkie roo catches is going to throw 5 toed, blueskinned, crested and feather-legged little mutants! DOn't get me wrong, I love silkies, but mother nature can get untidy if allowed to run rampant the way silkie-ism does!

8. magicpigeon

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Here are the pictures now:

SUSSEX:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROO (i think)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HEN: (i think)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOL bad images because they were hungry [​IMG]

9. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    No clue on gender, but they are all dang cute. Especially that little silkie in the next to last picture.

10. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    pullet, roo, pullet

They are an adorable trio.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by