What happened to my cat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bantams4life, Nov 29, 2013.

1. bantams4life

bantams4life Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    I was walking out in the paddock with two of our three cats and on the way back into the house yard Pud the eldest of our cats was sniffing around the log pile and she froze then ran over to the new chook pens that are being built I went over and discovered this stiff,cold, lifeless body laying there with her eyes open and front legs stretched so it looks like she was pawing at the grass. Her rear end is a mess we think she may have been pregnant and died giving birth or has eaten something poisonous or was bitten by a snake which may have been likely because I beheaded one a couple days ago. Please can someone help me find out what happened.

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Wow! So sorry, that's awful! I'm in NY so I'm not much help, but I would think if it happened really quickly she may have bee bitten by a snake and as she was dying the fetus/sack would have been expelled. Sounds like it's time for a little .22 practice with the snakes, Sue

3. bantams4life

bantams4life Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    I think your right I'm going to have to work on my aim for next time I see another snake

4. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    How sad, I'm sorry. [​IMG]

Maybe there is something poisonous living in that log pile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by