What happened to Shalom's bill? Bruise? *pic*

toadbriar

Songster
9 Years
Jan 28, 2010
central massacheezits
4709605002_65eddf2502.jpg

What's that dark mark on Shalom's bill and can you tell what caused it? I noticed it a couple days ago - and assumed it was filth
tongue.png
Looking closer, it looks like when you bruise a piece of fruit. The edges of the dark spot are wrinkled a wee bit, like the surface is shriveled. You can see some lighter sorts of marks on his bill also, which look related. He's got another smaller mark the same on the edge of his beak. I'd think a burn if it was just the one spot, but from what I couldn't guess. No lamp in their pen.

What's it look like? Something he did rooting under the edge of the hardware cloth? Dueling with his brother? Electric fence? Kiss from a snapping turtle? He and his sibs hatched Apr 22 so he's not very old or experienced and there's no breeding drama going on.

Thanks!

thanks RunnerDucks! They've been grounded a few days to get accustomed to the flock of new babies, so I guess it's hard to find fun in the pen. I took the divider fence down today and everyone's been nice, so in a couple days there can be outside fun again!

Back
Top Bottom