1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What happened to the chat room ?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by PaulScott, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulScott

PaulScott Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    NC
    So Ive been a member here since March of 09 but i look a long break cause i was , well in Iraq [​IMG]
    So what happened to the chat room ? i think the site was a LOT better with it . it seams so impersonal and Dry now ... can anyone clue me in ?
    [​IMG]

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

The mods decided to take it down, due to moderation issues. Unfortunately folks were not always following the BYC rules.

3. PaulScott

Mar 22, 2009
    NC
    Well that's not nice ... Take it down without even consulting me First ? :D lolol see what ya get for going off to war [​IMG]

4. PaulScott

Mar 22, 2009
    NC
    So no one made a unofficial ... BYC chat for members to go talk ?

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Not that I remember hearing about. :/

6. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Some people are now on Facebook.

7. Treebird

Treebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Iowa
    I was just thinking I would love if BYC had a live chat room. I never knew there actually was one. Would there be any possible way for BYC to bring it back?

8. PaulScott

Mar 22, 2009
    NC
    Yep it was pretty nice , we could freely share ideas in real time , and better connect with other people from all over
    IDK why it was removed but i wish they would bring it back

9. Treebird

Treebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Iowa
    I agree, a chat room would be a nice asset on here. I wonder if we could write the company to see if they'd bring it back.

10. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Yes it was late last year or early this year they did quite a bit of changes, I was looking around here and it was down quite a bit while they switched everything over and I officially joined BYC soon after. perhaps they could re launch it and make it adults only and have a seperte area where if you want to talk politics or some heated topic it's at your own risk and you must click an acknowledgement to that so you can't blame someone else if your feelings get hurt....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by