what happened to the veins????!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by M0therGoose, Apr 10, 2009.

1. M0therGoose

M0therGoose Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Pasadena, Texas
    Day 11 of incubating 4 goose eggs. I saw veins from day 6 up until today (which is day 11). I don't see any veins anymore! Are they all dead??? It looks darker in the eggs and i can see little embryos-- and i think i saw movement. Does anyone have a link to pictures of goose embryos so i can compare? Thanks!

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    your candeler might not be powerfull enough but they should still have viens..... LED flashlights work great for candling

3. M0therGoose

Apr 1, 2009
    Pasadena, Texas
    hmmmm.... my light is an LED w/ 115 lumens. it's small though, but i thought that didn't matter.

4. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:is the egg right up to the light? i know some flaslights have a piece of glass and cant be put directly to a light so you have to tape a piece of black cloth to it so you can put it dirctly next to it

5. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Make sure your batteries are fresh. The flashlight I used on my last hatch went through bateries big time. I had to put new ones in each time I candled. Got a better one this time.

6. M0therGoose

Apr 1, 2009
    Pasadena, Texas
    i tried again the next night and all was well. i see veins again and lots of movement. i don't think the room was dark enough when i couldn't see veins.

Is it normal for the embryo to and mass of growth in the egg to stay on one side of the shell??

thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by