What happened???????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dandydoodle, Mar 17, 2013.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    My 6 and half to seven month old Wheaten Maran started laying and then just stopped. She had started laying and then I put then the coop with the other birds and I haven't found on of her eggs since she has been in there. I think everyone else is still laying the same as always. Can stress make them quit laying? If so will she eventually start up again? It has probably been a week and a half to two weeks since she laid an egg. Do you think its stress or should I worry that she has worms or something?

Thanks for the help in advance,
    MIchelle
    [​IMG]

2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    It might be that she was new to laying and how things are different. I would give her another week or so, and then see...

3. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Has this ever happened to anyone else?

4. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    I am pretty new to chickens, and have not moved one from a coop to a different coop so I'm not sure...But I bought adult chickens and the dat after bringing them home the only hen that was laying laid an egg...one never did, and one started a few weeks ago...after we had had her for quite some time. The guy we got them from said that 2 were laying and one should start soon...it took her 2 months to start, and as I said the one never laid...The one that does lay lays really well though.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    do your birds free range? She may have gone rogue and laid eggs in a hideway. Or even buried under bedding.

6. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    No unfortunately we have had a hawk problem the last few weeks.. So they haven't been able to free range. I have been looking really good for her eggs but, I guess I need to dig through the bedding maybe she is hiding them.

:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by