What happens when? (buy it now payment question)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SundownWaterfowl, Jul 5, 2010.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What happens when somebody purchases eggs as a buy it now. And over 24 hours later you hear nothing from them. I stated right in the the description Payment must be received within 24 hours. This person is brand new with only 1 post. Getting po'd since these are eggs, pershible items. [​IMG] I sent them like 3 PMs and 1 email. And now if they dont pay, once of my auctions was wasted.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I would get them back on .. Especially if the person is brand new... Chances are they arent coming back for them... Did you try to email or pm the buyer???

3. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Yup, pm'd 3 times and send an email. [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    If you stated in the auction that you needed payment within 24 hours and they didn't follow through, then hold them accountable for it. Leave poor feedback and close the auction.

5. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:The auction is closed. It was a buy it now. Is there any way to get that back, because now one of my listings was used up for nothing.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Or what I have done is PM the next person who bid that didnt win and offer the eggs to them for the price they last bid-thats how I sold some of mine to people who didnt follow through:) Sorry this happened to you:-(

7. The Chicken Lady

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Can you post the link to the auction?

8. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:it was a buy it now so there was no underbidder. [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Cool. Make sure to leave feedback for the "buyer," okay? I'll check with Nifty and find out if deleting this listing would give you a listing back, and at the same time wouldn't delete the feedback.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by