What has been your sexing rate for Ideal Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by comerrick, Jul 22, 2008.

1. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Those of you that have ordered from Ideal, what has been the sexing rate? Have they been pretty good at their sexing?
    Lov
    Liv

2. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Out of the 6 day old pullets I ordered it's now looking like at least 1 is a roo. Not to bad I guess.[​IMG]

3. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I have 13 chicks and four ducks from Ideal. They are 9 wks old and seem to be 100% girls.
    They are really healthy!
    I just ordered 15 Color Bro from JM Hatchery but only because Ideal was sold out. [​IMG]
    Lindsey

4. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine has been spot on. 100% correct , but then I cheated and ordered sex links and Barred Rocks. [​IMG]

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I ordered 2 each of their barnevelders, welsummers and russian orloffs. Unfortunately we lost the orloffs within days of shipping but the other 4 are all the pullets they were supposed to be.

6. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    Ordered 50 RIR pullets out of 50 one roo 49 pullets lol so pretty darn good

7. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I purchased all mine through my feed store that purchased from Ideal. Of the 16 original purchased, four of them turned out to be roosters. I wasn't very happy at the time, but have kept two of the roos.

edited just to add that these chicks I purchased were ordered as pullets only.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  8. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    3 ducks - All girls as expected
    40+ Chickens over the last 4 years. 2 that were to be hens, were boys. So that is 95% accurate.

9. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I ordered several batches of chicks and ducks fromthem this year and the only ones that turned out to be roosters are my packing peanuts. Silver Laced Wyandotte roosters, though, so I'm not complaining. [​IMG]

On my straight run Bantams I have a lot of roos, though. I expected it of course. I have 3 Sebright roos, 1 hen. 1 roo Black Japanese with 1 hen. My Sultans I have no idea. None of their combs appear to be growing yet and they are fully feathered...but I'mhoping one turns out to be a roo!

10. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    When I ordered from Ideal in January, the only roos I got were the "extras" sent for warmth. I ordered and received 25 pullets and got 6 "free" roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by