what hatcheries can i buy aseel/asil bantams.

djmooney

Songster
10 Years
May 13, 2009
im buying some next year. hopefully, they dont have to be fancy show birds i just think they look cool. i hope i can buy some chick

Well, I'm also going for some Shamo (similar bird) next spring and I'd really say go for breeders, not hatcheries. Few hatcheries actually sell Asils, and the ones that do - they don't come out looking like what you see in photographs.

Some breeders of beautiful Asils include: Moua Oriental Aviary and/or Prariechicken's Prairie Fowl

But if you really do want hatchery Asils (cheaper, but like I said - don't expect it to actually look like an Asil ) Purely Poultry claims to have them in mixes as well as Murray McMurray. (But, these are mixes of different breeds, and the Aseel is only one of many breeds you could get in the mix) Nature's Hatchery seems to have Asils/Aseels you can buy separately though.

I have fixed that page. I must have copied from the wrong file. That was a listing of all standard chicken breeds, not of all the breeds we carry. The Asiatic Breeds section is for The Asiatic class per the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection, not as in asiatic gamebirds.

What you have to remember when "shopping" for orientals is they are not the most prolific layers out there. Many of our asils will go straight to broody after laying a half dozen eggs. Hatcheries sell in volume, thus some of the Oriental breeds offered seem to have a bit of something added to them to increase their egg production. Their type is off, but will probably make you nice yard birds. If you are serious about raising and preserving these breeds, contact a breeder, learn all you can about their care and needs and go from there. Most breeders I know will be happy to help ya out. Good luck friends...

i actually contacted a man a couple weeks ago who was a breeder he was selling me a pair of shamo bantams but he didnt get back to me for a while. so then eventually he emails me but its his wife because he passed away from a blood clot. so she is giving me 6 chicks for free because she cant take care of them i just pay the shipping

Back
Top Bottom