What hatcheries ship year round?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blaundee, Dec 25, 2010.

1. blaundee

blaundee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm looking for hatcheries that ship year round- it seems that most quit in Nov and resume in February...

2. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Most shut it down during those months and use it for their flock maintenance time. It's also hard on the babies to ship them during the cold weather. If you incubate, look for eggs. If you don't incubate, there is probably someone near you who might incubate for you if you bought the eggs. This is something we offer to anyone who is close to us that doesn't have a bator. Offer them a bird or two, or a couple bucks for their power usage and all should be good.

3. blaundee

blaundee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    I read on another thread that someone was going to order from one of the hatcheries that ship year round, which is why I'm looking.

4. new4eggs

new4eggs New Egg

Dec 21, 2010
    Efowl.com ships year round I just received 20 day old chicks Dec 20th from them and all 20 made it alive and still do fine, I am in the cold mountains in Nevada and was surprised they did all arrive alive.

5. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    We ship chicks year round. Take a look at our website and if you have any questions just email me. [​IMG]

6. cairopd1069

cairopd1069 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2010
    Cairo, Ga
    Stromberg's ships year round, but I think they are a middleman, so to speak. I got 25 chicks on the 3rd of December and lost one the next day. The others are doing great and eating me "out of house and home"!

Edited: I paid around $85 for chicks and shipping.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  7. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    I just placed another order (25 surprise special pullets) from Ideal Poultry! They are the only one I know of (and I haunt ALL of the hatchery sites) that hatches and ships 52 weeks a year.

I received an order of 25 LF and 24 bantams from Ideal on October 21st and another order of 25 surprise pullets on December 2nd. I have sold most of the chicks I got for $5 each when they were about 3 weeks old! I have made money on each order and I have kept some chicks from each order.

Now is the time of year to make money on started pullets!

Edited to add: All the chicks have been happy, healthy and pretty! We only lost 2 of the bantams in transit, but they had included an extra. They do not have a lot of breeds available right now, but the surprise special is about $2 a chick and includes a nice assortment of good layers, because only the BEST layers are laying right now! Their shipping is ONLY 15 cents a chick!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  8. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    MPC does, but in Winter they're usually sold out of most their breeds till Spring. Yet in the snow they ship us hatching eggs. [​IMG]

9. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    What is MPC?

10. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:MyPetChicken.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by