What hatchery is reasonably priced and doesn't have a minimum order?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by SoccerMomof7, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Okay I need another baby chick and can't find any locally and maybe I can order like 3 from a hatchery? I will pay the extra I just need a companion to this loud chick. My roo died and we tried to hatch 5 eggs but the other 4 didn't work out so now I have this lonely chick. Any suggestions are very welcome!

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    The only minimum Ideal has is $20 They have many breeds and are reasonably priced. [​IMG]

Also, you might try My Pet Chicken.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I've read that some members put a little stuffed animal in with their lone chick. Maybe that will help. Then come spring you can get 1 or more chicks from a farm store.

4. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Mypetchicken.com

5. chicks are me

chicks are me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2012
    meyer hatchery

6. c0dywhite

c0dywhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    Meyer Hatchery! That's who I order everything from & they have a min of 3 chicks! The shipping is $44 & some change I beleive.

7. c0dywhite

c0dywhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    What state do you live in?

8. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Meyer Hatchery has a 3 chick minimum, at least, depending on how far or close you are from their hatchery. I've read really good reviews about Meyer and I am ordering 15 chicks from them for the first time this year. My Pet Chicken is also a good hatchery, though I have never ordered from them before. They get their chicks from Meyer Hatchery, though, and they are more expensive than Meyer. I would definitely go with Meyer Hatchery, but is your choice! Good luck!

9. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by