What Hatchery is the best?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Chiko, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I'm Ordering some ducklings for the first time but don't know which one is more cheap or reliable [​IMG] I've heard that Cackle and Mcmurray are the best but that was from one person and I want to get more opinions thanks! [​IMG]

2. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    probably for ducks www.metzerfarms.com or mcmurray. they seem to have sexed ducks and good stock! [​IMG]

3. brahmapapa

brahmapapa Chillin' With My Peeps

While i have purchased from macmurry extensively i have had my best luck as far as waterfoul go with metzerfarm.

4. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
  5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I ordered from Marti poultry last year, 80 chicks. All arrived alive, lost 3 over 2 weeks. I was very satisfied and will order from them again in the future. Love their Missouri super egg machines #365!

This year I will order some from Ideal because they have all the breeds I am interested in. It will be my 1st order from them.

Good luck in your search.

I think they sell ducks.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:If you are going for top of the line ducks and you are show them then go with Holderread hands down the best waterfowl. http://www.holderreadfarm.com/
    If
    you just want ducks go with Cackle.

Chris

7. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I always order from McMurray hatchery for chickens but when I had ducks I ordered from Metzer Farms.

8. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Metzer farm was great last August when I ordered 30 ducklings 31 arrived alive and well.

9. Jake Levi

Jake Levi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Harrisville, MI
    For chickens I like Ideal Poultry, looking at a couple others for show quality , but for good hatchery chickens I have done well with Ideal.

10. Winggedheart

Winggedheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Ringgold
    I always get chicks from McMurrey, though have gotten guinea fowl from Cackle Hatchery with no problems.

Does anybody know anything about Purely Poultry? Has anybody gotten chicks from them before with success?

*Edited for spelling.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by