What have I gotten myself into??

Discussion in 'Geese' started by kimber8548, Apr 19, 2017.

1. kimber8548

kimber8548 Just Hatched

Apr 19, 2017
    Hello, I am new to this site and new to geese and ducks.Here are pictures of my motley Crew. I have 3 ducks and 2 geese.I have a pond and thought it would be a good addition. I have a potbellied pig too. They were all tiny babies when I got them and it took forever for them to get feathers. My smallest duck is obviously a little mallard hen, but I have no idea about the others! The two geese look completely different and the grayish one is huge! They are all really sweet and stay in a group even when we take walks. If anyone knows what they are please help! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. pomnovice

pomnovice Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    The grey duck is a Blue Swedish, the light duck is a Fawn and White Runner, the darker gosling is most likely an African, and from my best guess, the white gosling might be an Embden.

3. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    I agree with all the above except about the blue swedish - no white chest patch, so it's not a swedish. It's also black, not blue. Could be a cayuga, possibly, or a black runner if you see it standing upright like the other runner does.

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

X2

My vote is Cayuga, from what I can see of the bill and head structure and body stance...

5. kimber8548

kimber8548 Just Hatched

Apr 19, 2017
    Thank you all. They are all so adorable, but what a motley crew! Hopefully their temperaments are good!The Gray goose thinks I'm it's mother and the others think the gray one is their mother! Silly little bunch!

6. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Your white gosling looks like my white chinese goslings :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by