What have I hatched??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lisabella1, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Lisabella1

Lisabella1 New Egg

Oct 20, 2013
    Any help please in identifying my mixed hatch. I think they are supposed to be New Hampshires; Silver pencilled Hamburghs, Buff/Crele Orpingtons and Wyndottes. I cleverly wrote on the eggs but they pipped through the writing and I have been playing jigsaw with what shell I can find.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The ones with rose combs are either Hamburgs or Wyandottes, and the single combed chicks are the Orpingtons or New Hampshires. I'm not experienced with the Buff/Crele Orpingtons, as I've never raised them, so I don't really know what they look like as chicks. The last chick appears to be a Silver Spangled Hamburg. Sorry I can't help with all of the chicks!

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    last chick I would guess is a hamburg, but I wouldn't hold my breathe since none of the breeds you listed have feathered shanks but the first chick has feathered shanks. Wyandottes have yellow legs and should have a rose comb (some non breeder quality have single combs). Orpingtons should have white legs and single combs. New hampshires should have yellow legs and a single comb as well. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  4. flyinhigh

flyinhigh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2012
    On planet
    Can anyone tell me what this roo and his hen are? Both different breeds, i love this rooster for his complete devotion to his hen. He ALWAYS gives her the best of the treats! He keeps picking up more, talking softly the whole time, it's like he's saying here's another of your favorites.
    AND best of ALL? He doesn't jump her when she bends down to eat. He does that in private! I'm afraid I will have to find a new home for them as the crowing is driving my neighbor to a nervous break down. :( if you can think of another way to muffle his crows i'd love to hear it![​IMG][​IMG]

Man plans. God laughs. :D
    Love and Beloved.

5. flyinhigh

flyinhigh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2012
    On planet
    NY and ALL comments welcome and appreciated! Thanks!
    Sunny Side Up

Man plans. God laughs. :D
    Love and Beloved.

6. OkieMama87

OkieMama87 New Egg

Oct 18, 2013
    Norman, Oklahoma
    The black/white chicks in the middle pictures look like our silver-laced Wyandottes did as tiny babies. We also have buff Orpingtons but they were solid yellow, no darker coloration anywhere like yours have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by