1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what humidity?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Phionex Boy, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Phionex Boy

Phionex Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2014
    Beaufort,SC
    When dry incubating, WHAT IS THE range for the humidity % ? Or is there none?

2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    I keep it around 45-55% days 1-18 then boost it up around 65% during lockdown. Works for me!

3. Phionex Boy

Phionex Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2014
    Beaufort,SC
    but i mean for dry incubating

4. HugHess

HugHess Chickrack Addict

Jul 14, 2014
    Go BROWNS
    When you find out please pass it on. Reading the articles on this site tells me there are more than two opinions in that regard.
    I've seen one say none until a certain amount of days, or depending on whether you are trying to hatch Bantams, then they will tell you to add
    H2O, others have said 35% thru to lockdown, and then bring it up to 65 to 70%. Some even suggest water amount depends on what type of
    incubator you intend to use. I just got another 'headache' writing this :). I bet at least a couple few in the Hatch-a-long thread would be more
    than willing to hand over there opinions, experiences, etc. Whatever we do I wish us the best of luck...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by