What I Bought for My Birthday!!!

swampducks

Overrun With Guineas
11 Years
Feb 29, 2008
Barton City, MI
Which is today!!!!
big_smile.png

I was just on the phone with one of the nice ladies at Meyer Hatchery in Ohio and ordered some chickens!!! WOOT! I was hoping for some Buff Chanteclers but those are sold out till August/Sept and as I live so far north, wanted chicks a little earlier. I don't know, is July 28th considered earlier?!
lol.png

Anyway, I ended up getting 14 st run Buckeyes and 11 St run Gold Laced Wyandottes. I asked about guineas but she said it was so cold, the hens aren't laying so they had to cancel a bunch of their orders! So I'll wait on them.

So now I'm very happy and it's all because of chickens!!! This gives DH plenty of time to finish the chicken coop he started last Saturday. Maybe I should tell him they'll be here in June to keep him motivated....
wink.png

What a great b'day present! Happy B'day..to you! Enjoy and be sure to post pictures when they arrive. Dixie

Happy Birthday, Swampducks!
cool.png

I hope it's your best ever, and that you many happy and healthy returns of the day!

Congratulations on the chicks....that seems like a good birthday present to me!
big_smile.png
We'll expect photos, of course!
smile.png

Quote:
No, you can get pullets or cockerels, too. I just don't need 25 laying hens and I want to have my own little bunch of breeders. Plus, this time of year it seems St Run are a bit easier to acquire, not to mention cheaper.

Barb was a delightful person to talk to, too.
smile.png
And I got through on the 3rd try at lunch time!

Their site is http://www.meyerhatchery.com/ though you have to call to order as they're working on the website itself. (youc an still see what they have)

Happy Birthday! On this board it would only make sense that you would either get chickens or something for your chickens!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom