What idiot steals a jury duty check?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lengel, Nov 23, 2009.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    DH and I went to a buffet on Sunday and it seems that someone grabbed a handful of stuff out of my purse. (Note to self: buy the zipper bags, not the magnetic snap ones.) MIL's checkbook is gone which isn't a big deal because we keep little to no money in her account and the bank immediately put a hold on it. But the thing that gets me is that they got my check for jury duty. It was miserable enough and now I don't even get paid!

Go ahead, dude. Cash it. I dare you.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Jeez!

Go ahead Dude, go cash that check and see Uncle Sam breathing down on your neck for FRAUD!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Now that's just low! Hope the buzzard gets caught trying to cash something, and sorry it happened to you.

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. It really stinks.

I had my purse stolen at a Ringling Bros. Barnum & Baileys Circus. Every single piece of ID I owned was in it including my birth certificate and social security card. Plus my car keys. I had 6 children at the circus with me. It was terrible. I've never used a purse since. I carry everything in pockets now.

Laurie

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh fer cryin out loud! I bet it was for whopping $15 too, right? Some people's children.

6. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    Actually it was $200. Loooong jury duty.

7. Holy crap did thy sequester you for 3 months are something ? What is it 12 bucks a day ?

8. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    Quote:[​IMG] Yes. Three months. Can't say anything more though.

9. Report the stolen check to the city hall.

10. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    Quote:I was hoping that might work. Will definitely follow up. I want that money back!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by