What if no one answers?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by cmcallister, Mar 12, 2013.

1. cmcallister

cmcallister New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    I live in Logan twp, NJ and I have emailed the ordinance department and the township clerk to see if it is legal to own pet chickens. I could not find anything in the township ordinances that says I cannot, but wanted to make sure. No one has answered me. I have six adorable chicks (Stir fry, Spicy, Six Piece, Nugget, Fried and Featherbrain) and I am almost done building a 9' height x 8' length x 4' width coop that looks like a pretty shed (hoping neighbors won't complain) with a fully enclosed 10' chicken run. What if no one answers me and no one complains?

2. Winterose

Winterose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2013
    Moodus, CT
    then ur fine, most likely. I know people in other towns around me that keep chickens even tho their ordinaces say they can't. just as long as no one complains and they dont find out you already have them and come hunt you down u should be ok.

3. cmcallister

cmcallister New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    I'm really just concerned about my next door neighbor. She likes to look over my fence. That's why I'm trying to make my coop as nice as possible and putting a lattice fence in front of run.

4. Winterose

Winterose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2013
    Moodus, CT
    ah ok, have you looked at clean coop.com's designs? they are very well made and nice looking. i just got plans from them and they are easy to follow.

5. cmcallister

cmcallister New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    Got something from pintrist but modified it a bit. I'll post picks when it's done. Hopefully this weekend. Just hope there won't be problems since its hard work to build. At least for me it is. Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by