What if your back yard eggs got the “Cheerios” treatment by the FDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacsMan

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Salt Lake Valley
I read last night and heard on the radio this morning that the FDA is all over General Mills about how it advertises lowering cholesterol.

My local radio station came up with a teaser saying, “A warning about Cheerios up next!” They then went on to show how… ‘bad’… Cheerios were. But the facts are that the FDA has a problem with how General Mills labels the cereal box, not with weather Cheerios lowers cholesterol or not. The media now portrays Cheerios as being a bad, evil thing.

They did the exact same thing with the “swine flu”… Oh, No! There are 2,000 cases of swine flu around the world, and 150 people world wide have died!! The facts are that 100 MILLION people just in the US get the ‘common’ flu every year, and 20,000 – 40,000 people die, just in the US of the common flu. Again, swine flu was a media sensation.

Now, off my soap box…

What would happen, or what would you do, if the FDA, the Obama administration, or some government agency came out and said that “back yard chicken eggs are bad for you”. And maybe they found one back yard chicken farmer who kept horrible conditions and people got sick. And say, even though for 99.9% of our eggs, the reports weren’t true, but the media grabbed on to this and it spread like wild fire. No one bought your eggs, and you were a pariah for being a chicken farmer… What would you do with your flock?

It’s just a little scary how much influence the media and government have in our lives…

What do you think?

This is why I stopped watching news. I get what I need off the computer. I skip all the hysteria. Heck I even wrote to those who were advertising on these channels that I was doing this when I made that decision.

I would keep my flock but would probably move it to a more secluded area on my parents farm. I would not worry about selling the eggs but would move a bit faster towards total self reliance. I'm not too fond of the government or the media.

Quote:
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
Amen sister, same applies here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom