What I'm wondering now

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yotetrapper, May 15, 2008.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Ok, hatch 1 isnt even complete yet, and I'm already thinking about hatch 2. I have three different types of eggs ordered from folks on here. Three different people. They're all supposed to arrive the same day, but you know how the mail service is.

So, providing they dont, do I keep them until the others get there. I'm guessing the longest would be 3 days wait, if one gets here early, and another late.

I only have one incubator, so I dont think it would be good to set them to hatch on different days, cause that would be all screwed up with the hatch, wouldnt it?

2. Peeps

Peeps Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    Holding on to them for a few days is OK. Eggs are incredible things. I just gave my neighbor a bunch of eggs that were in my refrigerator. (this refrigerator is just for eggs, it's not very cold). These eggs were 3 - 4 weeks old! Most of them are growing just fine in his incubator.

3. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    So do I keep them in the fridge, or on the counter?

4. Peeps

Peeps Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    No don't refrigerate them, but keep them in a cool spot.

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I would just set them in a cool calm place and wait on the others. A few days won't hurt them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by