What in the world could this ugly thing be??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Beanbag, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    Alright guys, here goes.... I have this overly large weird, ugly little chick. I have no clue what it is... it has greyish black legs with just the smallest hint of black feathers on them, (Looks real weird because Cochins have A LOT of feathers on their legs and this guy has just a hint of them.) A milk chocolate brownish hue on his head and two bumps at the top of his comb. The pictures make it look cute, but up close in person and compared to the others its real ugly, I call it the Ugly chick. He's skittish and will body slam your hand at times and sometimes do it to the others, he is so going back to the breeder once we have a chance to get him there, I totally hate this dang thing. He is probably around 2 weeks old and Towers over the other chicks 3 of which are Black Giants and 1(one of the BGs) of which is a bit older or the same age.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
  3. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Weird...what is it SUPPOSED to be? It is def. not a Spitzhauben...doesn't look anything like them. Maybe some sort of broiler cross, since it is so large??

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Brabanter!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Brab/BRKBrabanter.html My questions is where did you get them?!?!? [​IMG] I have a pair. I have tried all summer to hatch some out, so far all the eggs that I have bought has not worked out. 3 did hatch but they had spraddle legs and died. :thun They are so beautiful!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a pic of Perfectly Polish's chick. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. Beanbag

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    maybe he's only part Brabanter? He doesn't look exactly like that.

6. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I think it's cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    ahhhhh!!! He's so ugly that he really is a cutie!!!! [​IMG]

8. Beanbag

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    he's not so cute when he is viciously flying at your hand when your only trying to change their water, and he's not so cute when he does it to the other chicks and makes them scream. [​IMG]

9. purplepoen

purplepoen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Michigan
    It could be an EE gone wrong because it looks like it might have muffs? Sometimes the hatcheries make mistakes...

10. Beanbag

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    I didn't get him from a hatchery... I got him from a breeder who has no idea what half or most of his birds are and he has some of them mixed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by