What in the world is this????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kzane23, Feb 27, 2013.

1. kzane23

kzane23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    [​IMG]

2. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    [​IMG]

3. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    [​IMG]

Uploading off my phone

4. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    A duckling? I don't know the breed precisely, but am pretty confident that it is a baby duck. Lol. Sorry...It is also super cute and I want to wear it in a pouch like a baby...

5. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    I know it's a duck. It's a squeaking irate duckling. I was looking for a breed :)

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Most likely squeaking because it needs a buddy, they don't like to be only ducklings. makes for lonely ducklings. Don't know breed sorry [​IMG]

7. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    He(it) has a magpie buddy and they both are obnoxious :/ I think they are picking up bad habits from my Hamburg chicks......

8. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Give it a mirror and a stuffed animal...We obviously don't know our duck breeds...
    So you bought just the one duckling?
    I can't ever get just one of anything so I admire your resolve. Lol
    We are hoping to get some ducks in a month or so...
    There is a good chance that once I have a few ducklings I will spend more time looking at duck breeds, but I can't tell the difference between chicks either...I have to wait until they start to get their big bird feathers...they all just look cute to me in the beginning.
    It isn't a white duck...this I know...
    The only baby ducks I have really been around are mallards, and they look like that, but so do Rouens, and Khaki Campbells, and many various and assorted breeds of duck...especially since a great deal of domesticated ducks all started as mallards anyway...
    blah blah blah I am rambling, and not really all that helpful...if nothing else though your post will keep getting to the top of the new posts so someone that knows something about ducklings can happen along and help you out.

9. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Where did you get it? It could be a blue Magpie?

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I was thinking magpie but the coloring seemed off, but duckling can change from one day to the next . Only thing I know it isn't is Muscovy and why do you say it's obnoxious? thats not very nice to say about baby ducklings. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by