What in the world???

Hteeter2

Songster
Mar 7, 2018
So I was looking into my brooder box; that has my chicks I got last week. I noticed something under one of their wings, so I pick my little gal up to find poop under her wing. I'm flabbergasted to how this little one got poo under her wing...

If I had money for every time I said what in the world when it came to my chickens I could quit my job. But any excuse to hold them is a good one
There is only 2 excuses you really need to hold them, 1 is because you want to, and 2 is because they're too cute. That's what I tell my husband when he asks why I'm holding the babies ,(I have 5 - 6 day old silkies), because I want to, or they're too cute not to. LOL.

There is only 2 excuses you really need to hold them, 1 is because you want to, and 2 is because they're too cute. That's what I tell my husband when he asks why I'm holding the babies ,(I have 5 - 6 day old silkies), because I want to, or they're too cute not to. LOL.

I try to hold my little chicks every day. Besides being cute and wanting to; I'm hoping it'll get them use to me handling them. The thought is if they are use to me; then it will be easier if I need to get one of them. I'm very new to chickens....

I try to hold my little chicks every day. Besides being cute and wanting to; I'm hoping it'll get them use to me handling them. The thought is if they are use to me; then it will be easier if I need to get one of them. I'm very new to chickens....
I'm only about 4 myths into it myself. And yes holding them everyday makes it easier. I have 5-2 mth old chicks, as soon as I go in the run, they come running, they let me pet them, and BB even sits on my finger while I walk around.

Do they have shaving' in their brooder? If so they could have been dust bathing and the poop got lodged under there. I had a chicken once who loved to try to dustbathe on the freshly swept heap of poop when I cleaned out the coop. :sick

Do they have shaving' in their brooder? If so they could have been dust bathing and the poop got lodged under there. I had a chicken once who loved to try to dustbathe on the freshly swept heap of poop when I cleaned out the coop. :sick

I'm using puppy pads... It was a suggestion that I got from Patera's YouTube channel Appalachia Homestead with Patera. It seems to work well for me, and I believe my little gal was pooped on.

Back
Top Bottom