What in the WORLD!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 31, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Is it true that the smallest amount of chicks you can order from ideal is 25?! Really?!

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    well, there are other hatcheries like my pet chicken that you can order as few as three chicks from.

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Oh, never mind, false alarm! Lol! I will check them out. I want to get some blue silkie bantams from them. But I will check out my pet chicken...

4. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Per the Ideal Poultry order form I have here...
    Quote:In other words, you can order as few birds as it takes to get to that $25.00 minimum amount of money. However, they do put a $7.00 small order charge on orders of less than one full box (100 chicks, bantams, guineas, pheasants and chukar, 80 turkey poults or ducklings, 32 goslings). If you order between 1 and 2 full boxes, they charge $2.00.

The really nice woman (whose name I probably should have written down or remembered by now since I talk to her every other week it seems like) did confirm today that this is the current pricing on shipping. When I mentioned that, to me, it seemed rather low, she told me that the prices on the chicks are figured to include the average shipping cost on 100 chicks anyway. Explains the breakdown on the prices.

So you could order 10 silkies (they only have them in straight run) and that would put you somewhere around $35.00. However, I would call them first. They may not have any ready for shipping right now and others may.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    My Pet Chicken has a minimum order of 3 chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by