What incubator do people reccomend

connieconnie

Songster
Apr 19, 2020
UK
I recently got a Brinsea Maxi II EX and it is amazing! Got 100% hatch rate from the fertile eggs, which is amazing, especially since they were shipped!

I recommend getting it fully automated if you can, just one less thing to think about and less can go wrong. You can just put the eggs in, let it do it's thing, then candle them day 9 then day 18 :jumpy mine all hatched perfectly on day 19! early!

I can imagine that the Brinsea mini II EX is just as good, if you want a smaller one.

Good luck

annmarie1810

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
North east England
I recently got a Brinsea Maxi II EX and it is amazing! Got 100% hatch rate from the fertile eggs, which is amazing, especially since they were shipped!

I recommend getting it fully automated if you can, just one less thing to think about and less can go wrong. You can just put the eggs in, let it do it's thing, then candle them day 9 then day 18 :jumpy mine all hatched perfectly on day 19! early!

I can imagine that the Brinsea mini II EX is just as good, if you want a smaller one.

Good luck
Sorry what do you mean getting it fully automated I am new to this

BirdsBeesTrees

F.R.O.G.
Premium Feather Member
Mar 10, 2019
Iowa
Some you have to regulate humidity and turn by hand. Fully automated you fill the water reservoir with distilled water and the incubator gets it to the humidity you set it to. If it's not got an automatic Turner you have to turn the eggs. If you get eco anything it usually means you have to set the thermometer to the right temperature with a little screwdriver. The cheaper the incubator the more work for you.

annmarie1810

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
North east England
Some you have to regulate humidity and turn by hand. Fully automated you fill the water reservoir with distilled water and the incubator gets it to the humidity you set it to. If it's not got an automatic Turner you have to turn the eggs. If you get eco anything it usually means you have to set the thermometer to the right temperature with a little screwdriver. The cheaper the incubator the more work for you.
I have been reading about it since I understand it now x

connieconnie

Songster
Apr 19, 2020
UK
Sorry what do you mean getting it fully automated I am new to this

Sorry! Should have explained:

the Brinsea's have 3 models at least in each of their range: Eco, Advanced and EX
The ranges are Mini, Maxi, Ovation and OvaEasy

Eco means, all it does is managing and maintaining the temp. No auto turning or humidity sensor and humidity manager. So you'll have to turn by hand at least 3 times a day and buy a humidity sensor to go in the incubator and monitor it yourself so you are in the right range of humidity.

Advanced means it has auto turning and a humidity sensor additionally. This means all you'll have to do it watch the humidity and give it more water when needed.

EX means that it actually maintains and manages the humidity for you (it has a pump that drops water in to the incubator to deliver the exact humidity set) additionally on top of automated turning etc.

Mini holds the smallest number of eggs, maxi the next biggest, etc for ovation and ova easy.

Here is the site that compares all the different funtions: Brinsea choosing an incubator

Hope this helps, happy hatching

Acre4Me

Crossing the Road
Nov 12, 2017
Western Ohio
I went cheap and bought a basic, still-air incubator from TSC. $49, holds up to 42 eggs. I was incubating eggs from my flock, and wasn’t sure how successful the rooster has been. Can add a fan and a turner if desired For a small cost. I did my first hatch last week, and my results are good: 37 set, 11 infertile (look like they were from the same few hens). 26 developed, but 2 quit before lockdown, and 2 never hatched. We ended up with 22 chicks out of 26 fertile eggs. So, I was happy with the results. Of course, I have to turn the eggs, and monitor temp and humidity bc it is not automated. If I decide to hatch a lot more I’ll upgrade. Also, if you only want to ever hatch a few eggs at a time, then a smaller incubator makes more sense.

good luck.

annmarie1810

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
North east England
Sorry! Should have explained:

the Brinsea's have 3 models at least in each of their range: Eco, Advanced and EX
The ranges are Mini, Maxi, Ovation and OvaEasy

Eco means, all it does is managing and maintaining the temp. No auto turning or humidity sensor and humidity manager. So you'll have to turn by hand at least 3 times a day and buy a humidity sensor to go in the incubator and monitor it yourself so you are in the right range of humidity.

Advanced means it has auto turning and a humidity sensor additionally. This means all you'll have to do it watch the humidity and give it more water when needed.

EX means that it actually maintains and manages the humidity for you (it has a pump that drops water in to the incubator to deliver the exact humidity set) additionally on top of automated turning etc.

Mini holds the smallest number of eggs, maxi the next biggest, etc for ovation and ova easy.

Here is the site that compares all the different funtions: Brinsea choosing an incubator

Hope this helps, happy hatching
Thank you so so much for that information x

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom