What incubator should I get

Emmytheduckgirl

Songster
Aug 1, 2019
Hey BYC!!! I have incubated many times before with just my small incubator, I love that incubator but it doesn’t have a built in humidifier which I desperately need! Does anyone know what incubator that isn’t too expensive and isn’t too big? Let me know!

Hey BYC!!! I have incubated many times before with just my small incubator, I love that incubator but it doesn’t have a built in humidifier which I desperately need! Does anyone know what incubator that isn’t too expensive and isn’t too big? Let me know!
Hi, Emmy!
You have the Janoel 12, right?
I would suggest a NR 360. Very reliable, and not too big. What do you mean built in humidifier?
Do you have any separate thermometers/hydrometers to check your incubator's temp with?

Hi, Emmy!
You have the Janoel 12, right?
I would suggest a NR 360. Very reliable, and not too big. What do you mean built in humidifier?
Do you have any separate thermometers/hydrometers to check your incubator's temp with?
My incubator that I have can check the temperature but it doesn’t show the humidity and after many incubations it is very hard to try and keep it humid! If you want a picture of my incubator I’ll show you! :)

My Little Giant measures humidity with a built-in hygrometer. Its a pretty reliable little thing and I definitely recommend it, I've had it for a few years shy of a decade now.
Ok great! I’ll look into that! Here is what I’ve been using. It was a great first incubator for me but the more I learned how to incubate better the more that little thing didn’t work to well! But nothing against my incubator cause it works like a charm! :)
2A367F5F-B2DD-4E09-AF68-D55F9A818841.jpeg

Ok great! I’ll look into that! Here is what I’ve been using. It was a great first incubator for me but the more I learned how to incubate better the more that little thing didn’t work to well! But nothing against my incubator cause it works like a charm! :)View attachment 2489055
Mine was $50 about 7 years ago. Not sure what the new versions are now or how much they cost now, but I got mine at Tractor Supply a while back. It may have been on sale, but I can't say for sure after so long. I'd say it could probably hold 30-40 eggs, maybe 1.5ft x 1.5ft.
16106454013441139967517604743273.jpg

Mine was $50 about 7 years ago. Not sure what the new versions are now or how much they cost now, but I got mine at Tractor Supply a while back. It may have been on sale, but I can't say for sure after so long. I'd say it could probably hold 30-40 eggs, maybe 1.5ft x 1.5ft.View attachment 2489063
I just looked into yours and it is over 150! It looks so nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom