What incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BentoMinion, Jan 31, 2013.

1. BentoMinion

BentoMinion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Muskegon, Michigan
    I am not sure what incubator to use. Honestly, I do have time to turn eggs, so I do nto need an auto egg turner. I am only interested in a max of 10 chicken eggs and maybe 15 quail (not at the same time). There are so many to pick from! I am new to this, just a warning. Also I do not really wish to go to much above $100. Less is better since then it means more spent on other things, but at the same time I know I may need to spend about that to get somehting decent. I want one that circulates air, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FARM-INNOVA...835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c1d36fa3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HovaBator-E...385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cec0f0751

2. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    My suggestion is buy the best and biggest incubator you can afford, with as many options as you can get (turners, etc). Situations change where you may wish you had a turner later or more space for just 10 more eggs, LOL. Been there done that on both counts. A lot of people on here use the hovabators.

I use the Brinsea, they are more expensive, but resale value holds.

Good luck with making a decision.

3. BentoMinion

Jan 6, 2013
    Muskegon, Michigan
    I am limited due to city rules.

Thanks for your advice.

4. kacklinkelly

kacklinkelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    Wow, that incubator is a great price. I am also looking to "try" incubating with our grandson.
    I hadn't found one for that good a price. If you check the Flemings video on this site, I think
    he uses the same brand. Not sure if its the same model. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

5. BentoMinion

Jan 6, 2013
    Muskegon, Michigan
    I ordered the one with the rails and what not. I should have it in 5 days or so. Once I get it I need to figure it out and check temps and what not like others have suggested. Then to find eggs... lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by