What is a fair price?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by poultrylady, Mar 19, 2012.

1. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I have 4 male pheasants, last years hatch, that I would like to sell. I have 2 red goldens, 1 silver, and 1 yellow golden. What would be a fair price for each bird? I do have someone interested in them but I am just not sure what to price them. Thanks for any info.

2. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    I don't have any silvers, but I sell my Goldens, red and yellow, year old for $40 each. Hope that helps.

3. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    Thanks, that does help!

4. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    A lot depends on your location and how available they are there. I would love to get $40 for yearling males. In my area the yearling males this time of year bring $15-20 - older, fully-colored ones and hens would bring more.

5. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    Your certainly right ranit. Its all a question of location and supply and demand. I get $13 for Golden and Amherst day olds and don't have any problem selling them. I wish I could get a truck load of birds from Illinois at those prices. Don't let them go too cheap poultrylady. You can cut your prices a lot easier than increase them.

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    I would say around here we would be closer to your, Ranit. Around $20 a piece for year old Amhersts or Goldens. Maybe $40 for Silvers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by