What is a good movie for pet chickens to watch on a windy/rainy day?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DianeB, Oct 27, 2009.

1. DianeB

DianeB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Today the weather is terrible. I am letting my 3 hens sit on the back of the couch and watch some TV until outside conditions improve. (I have the day off and can watch them) They are well behaved and house trained.

Seriously, what is a good movie/TV show for them to watch? Do have Netflix and Hulu online and so many DVDs I cannot list. Also have ondemand. I do want them to watch something G or PG. They are less than one year so it needs to be family friendly [​IMG]

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Chicken Run

3. Horsewell

Horsewell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    England
    Chicken run!

careful though, your girls might try to escape afterwards!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. DianeB

Mar 12, 2009
    Quote:This is one movie that I don't have! Wouldn't they get scared?? There is a lady with an axe trying to kill chickens [​IMG]

5. Horsewell

Horsewell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    England
    Erm, how about shrek? my rat and dog love to watch that

6. cap1717

cap1717 6 chooks, 1 slave. . . me!

Jun 12, 2009
    Chicken Run, yes. . . . and Shreck. . . buy my favorite was a PBS special. . . . "The natural Chicken. . . not a movie but a documentary and just wonderful!

7. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Something about bugs, I'd think! Plenty of animated features in that genre. Or if you want something a little more documentary/artistic, rent Microcosmos. My cats like that one. (True fact.)

LOL,

Pat

8. chickon baby

chickon baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    st charles
    That is way tooo funny.I cant wait for D.H to call so I can tell him there are other BYCrs' with girl'.s more spoiled than mine...lol...DH thought O was joking when I told him to heat up the corn on the cob as my girls dont like it cold.He laughed and rolled his eyes.I was serious and he did heat it up proclaiming," these girls eat better than me" aaah,poor DH.. Sorry no advice for the movies.Can you please post a pic of them? Perhaps they would enjoy some popcorn,how cute..Dont think my dogs and cats would like the chicks that close,actually they would love it but I dont think it would be safe for my girls. Have fun w/the movies.

9. DianeB

Mar 12, 2009
    Quote:We live in a suburban area. My chickens are pets and only pets. They are given the same treatment as our furry creatures [​IMG] Besides, they are very well-behaved inside. We also don't do this that often.

10. Le Canard de Barbarie

Le Canard de Barbarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    I like to set up an outdoor movie theatre for my ducks. The particularly enjoy Harry Potter movies. For special treats I fill up their food bowls with popcorn and the water bowls with various flavors of koolaide. I used to show them some romantic movies, but some of the ducks began copulating, thus ruining the show for the rest of us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by