What is a good price for a GQF 1202?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Litewings, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Litewings

Litewings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    I've got a guy who says he is willing to sell me his 2 year old GQF incubator for $350.00. He wasn't sure what the model was but he did say it had a solid wooden door. I suspect it's probably a 1202 but I'll need to check it closer to see. Is this a good price for this model.
    Litewings:rolleyes:

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, esp if it has the hatcher. That is half the price. Def a good deal.[​IMG]

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

FYI... if its a GQF 1202, it is much older than 2 years old. The GQF 1202 was the original Sportsman that GQF made way back in the 80's I think. The newer Sportsmans are all 1500's I believe.

As far as for price, I probably wouldn't pay over $200 for it, IF it is an actual 1202 from back in the day.... They were all made out of 3/4 inch solid plywood, and as far as I know, they were all painted this brick red color.

This is my 1202 with an aftermarket, self installed window in the door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, but if it is only 2 years old, wouldn't that be the 1502?[​IMG]

5. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Thats more probably, but if it is an actual 1202, I wanted her to know that it is older than 2 years old.

Her seller may just be confused and may mean a 1502.

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:The first one were 800 & 850 those were the red ones, the 1202 & 1250 are the ones with the newer thermosta And back up.

check the pic. top one is a hatcher 1250 bottem a incubator 1202

on the left is one with a clear door.

Yes if it working ok 350.00 is a good price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  7. Poulets De Cajun

The 800 and the 850 had hand powered turners didn't they?

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Some were manual turned others had Auto turner . The 800 was the incubator 850 I think just a hatcher.

Your red one looks like the 800 or a Lyon incubator looked just like the GQF ,but with a small window in the door.

9. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Wow I just figured out what I have I bought an 800 and an 850 the incubator has automatic turner, and electronic thermostat. Both work great. He told me they were GQF but I couldnt find anything on them they look exactly like the red one above. I payed 100 bucks for both of them. Saw on Craigslist jumped in the truck payed him and got out of there I thought I made quite a buy. I have fired them up but not hatched yet. They had a lot of trays as well.

Thanks now I know what I bought.

10. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Some were manual turned others had Auto turner . The 800 was the incubator 850 I think just a hatcher.

Your red one looks like the 800 or a Lyon incubator looked just like the GQF ,but with a small window in the door.

DANG IT! I was adamantly told by an incubator guru that this was a 1202.... and aside from one other person, I've not ever seen another one like this in working condition.... someone needs to make a catalog of old incubators....

BTW... the window in this one was a home built window that was installed by a previous owner. Its ugly but it works....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by