What is a good price?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tamsflock, Nov 29, 2008.

1. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I have had someone ask if I would sell a couple of my welsummers. They are 10 weeks old. I have no idea what is a good price to ask. Any advice? They told me that this other person is asking $16 for 3 month pullets isn't that high?
    Also I got 5 Naked necks in my suprise special from Ideal. Not a bird that interests me what is a good price to ask for them. One might be a roo so four pullets and one roo

2. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    I have no idea. But I am buying a BO cockerel Monday. He is 7 1/2 months old. I'm paying 10 for him. I'm doing it for my 2 ladies you just lost their man to his nemisis ( my dog ). They deserve it [​IMG]

3. Roosterboy

Roosterboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    How much is your time and their feed worth? What quality are they? Obviously show or breeder quality is more expensive Even if the other person's price seems a little high if the person will pay that then charge that or just less than that to get the maximum profit. Or if you just don't have room for them then maybe you don't want a big profit. I have never sold and so i don't know what i would charge.

4. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I bought them from Ideal just regular birds.I just bought them for the dark colored eggs. They are just pets to me and they are my get away time, my fun time!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by