What is a reasonable price for my chickens?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tabsmonsters, Jan 14, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I am going to sell them to a friend and I am not sure of a good price. I have seen some listed on Craigslist for $9 each. I see the ad a lot so I think he is too high.

He has come over to check water many times when we were out of town and he may be buying my incubator. I have 5 hens and a rooster that will be 2 this spring. They consist of Black Australorp hen and roo, 2 BR, 2 americaunas. 5 pullets that will be 1 in April that are all mixed breeds from Australorp, Americauna, Barred Rock, and Welsummer. All were laying until it got colder, then they lay once in a while.

Thanks!

2. chicken farmer meigs

chicken farmer meigs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Florence Mt.
    I would think five dollars a peice would be a good deal. Since he has helped with them. Plus you know where there are going and how they will be treated. Just my thoughts.

3. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    THat doesn't sound bad.
    Thanks!

4. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Everything I have looked at around here has been $8. I have paid that. I think that is fair. Just my opinion.

5. cqranch

cqranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    I usually get $4-5 for laying hens 2yrs or older, then $8-10 for laying hens 1-2 yrs. $6-7 for 2-3 month old pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by