What is Bock Bock? Update 09/02/10

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by toto65, Aug 31, 2010.

1. toto65

toto65 Chirping

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    This is a new picture of my grandson and his chick Bock Bock. BB is 4 weeks old. He is mainly black with a light colored underside with an orange and black beak and olive green legs. Any ideas what kind of chicken he is? This picture was taken just before he laid down and went to sleep in my grandsons lap! He is a very laid back little bird. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. dragonlair

dragonlair Songster

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    I don't know, but I have a little pullet who looks just like it! If someone can id yours, i will know what mine is!

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Not sure what he is but I'd say by the size of that comb at 4 weeks, He is definately a roo

4. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Songster

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    maybe australorp??? I dont know, but look how adorable your grandson is with him!!! Very cute [​IMG]

5. toto65

toto65 Chirping

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    I was thinking the same thing, Bock Bock is almost positively a roo. But he is so attached to Tim and Tim to him that he will stay. They are so cute together!

6. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Songster

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    Looks much like my Australorp, but a roo for sure. She is my favorite of the group...the most tame and curious!

7. mulia24

mulia24 Songster

well, in my country we just call it "ayam kampung" or "village chicken" in english. [​IMG]

8. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I would guess Australorp or Jersey Giant. If the bottom of the feet are yellow, Jersey Giant. If the bottom of the feet are white or a pinkish white, Australorp. Cute bird, cute kid [​IMG]

9. harewizard

harewizard Songster

Apr 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Sorry to highjack this thread...[​IMG]

I just want to say to NellaBean that is one awesome stinkeye you have going on there in your avatar! [​IMG]

giggles,
    Lisa

10. BackyardGuy

BackyardGuy In the Brooder

Jan 3, 2010
    New Iberia
    Looks like a black sex link to me maybe with some more pics

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by