What is Colonel Sanders?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kwynn's birds Alaska, Sep 3, 2008.

1. kwynn's birds Alaska

kwynn's birds Alaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    [​IMG]

This is Colonel Sanders, my roo. Any ideas on what he is? Does any one know what the girls are? They are all Bantams. And I have a few ideas on the girls, but i have no idea what he is. The girls all lay peachy pink colored eggs. I'll try to get some better pics soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    anyone?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You know, I wish I could help you because I TOTALLY know how frustrating it is when there are no answers coming your way! [​IMG]

4. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    If he isn't full grown, maybe a brown leghorn? If he is, then maybe part brown leghorn?

just a guess

5. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Quote:He is full grown, he's a bantam. I was hoping to get some people to post pics of their millies, d'Uccles, that sort, maybe I could spot the ones that look like mine. I think they are all "mutts" but I'm not too sure. They do make some of the cutese babies. Mrs. Ak bird brain gave me a few ideas on the females, but he's what I'm not sure about.

Anyone have pics of their banties?? [​IMG]

6. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    My first thought was a EE rooster,,because of his colors. They remind me of my Sweet EE's. One thing is for sure,,,he is one great lookin littleman,,,, [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    In the first pic, the hen in the back of the 3 looks very much like a Milli,

8. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Quote:isn't he a stud? he even poses for the camera.

Heres a thought...if the females lay brown eggs, and if he was an EE, could there be a chance that the chicks would lay green eggs? even if they came from brown eggs? how does that work? They're actually not brown, they're more of a peach/pink...or is that also considered an EE too?

Sorry to bombard with questions, i just have a lot

9. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Quote:We had the milli figured, because Mrs. Ak bird brain has one that looks kind of like mine. And the white one is I think either a porcelain, or a self blue, from a few pics i've seen. Color wise, the bird it self looked different. That's why I was so sure I have mutts. Not that that bothers me. [​IMG]

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Looks to me like a colourful flock of "undocumented" bantams-nothing wrong with that at all if they meet your poultry needs. Let them hatch some eggs if they're so move-thr flock will get more and more colourful.
    I had a flock like this when I was a kid and enjoyed them very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by