what is everybodys favorit breed of chicken?and say why you like them?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by thechickenguy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    title says it all:D whats your favorite breed of chicken??? [​IMG] and say why you like the breed!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have to tell you that the way you wrote that is majorly irritating. [​IMG]

My favorite is the Barred Plymouth Rock. Friendly, curious, intelligent and great layers.

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I would Say Cochins they are very appealing and friendly. I wish mine would stop being broody though. Javas are great too [​IMG]

4. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:I agree

Standard partridge cochins. The are big, gentle giants. Act very calm no matter what is going on in the barnyard and move slow... sorta like me. [​IMG]

5. 3rocksandme

3rocksandme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    I'm new to chickens and only have experience with barred rocks, NH Reds, and EEs. Out of the three breeds my favorite is barred rocks.

6. Trophamus

Trophamus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    Sablepoots and brahma's [​IMG]

7. thechickenguy

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    thanks for replying so far.
    and sorry speckledhen and mississippifarmboy. just trying to make it fun. didnt relieze.(sp?)
    but i fixed it.

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Thank you for changing it.

I like Barred Rocks a lot, but I am also partial to bantam Cochins. They seem to be good broodies.

I have Delaware Blue Hens and they are flighty, but they are also friendly and curious. Nothing like a small chicken flying out of nowhere at 8' high and landing on your shoulder!

9. thechickenguy

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    Quote:Thank you for changing it.

I like Barred Rocks a lot, but I am also partial to bantam Cochins. They seem to be good broodies.

I have Delaware Blue Hens and they are flighty, but they are also friendly and curious. Nothing like a small chicken flying out of nowhere at 8' high and landing on your shoulder!

yep and lol that would be funny. haha.

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My 1st choice would have to be Faverolles they are sweet and docile. I also like bearded birds to that has something to do with my preference.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by