What is everyone planning on hatching this spring? 2009

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Dec 16, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I am dying to hatch! The wait is killing me so to kill time lets hear what everyone is planning to hatch next year.

I am hoping to get Sliver Laced Wyandottes and Wheaten Marans from Buddy Henry who has EXCELLENT quality birds.

I am getting New Hampshire Reds from Bill Braden.

Hopefully Speckled Sussex from Katy.

Delawares from Cyn and Janet.

Splash Orpingtons from Angie.

I am still looking for a LF Dark Brahma breeder so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

And of course I will be hatching EVERY egg my little Araucanas lay.

So what are you guys hatching in the spring? [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, I'm not 100% sure what I want to hatch!! I have duck and quail eggs right now, with a couple of goose eggs in there as well.

I know I need more silkies! I'm not sure what color I want yet, I have whites and one gray right now, so I wouldn't like to get too many colors.

Other than that, I am on a list for some bantam frizzled polish, rouen duck eggs, standard ameracauna.

I will be getting some call duck eggs from cthrash1, not sure on the color of those.

I need some more BBS dutch and OEGB, but not sure if I will hatch or just buy those.

I want to get some bantam cochins, though not sure on the color of those yet either, probably BBS on those as well.

I'd like to get some porcelain d'uccles, some more millie d'uccles, some more BTB japs, some BTW japs...um...I think that's it! [​IMG] Obviously I need to do some downsizing before I start getting anything!

ETA:I'm also on a list for BC marans and BLRW, but I'm not sure I want those anymore! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  3. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

My BRs and set some Rhode Island Reds eggs hopefully build up my RIRs to 10 hens. The same thing of my BRs. Plus I'm going to have 10 other hens of mixed and other breeds like Ameraucanas, Red Sexlink, maybe a little bantam cochin for a pet and some barnyard mixes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SilverM0on

SilverM0on Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Oregon
    i cant decide
    its my first time and we got a young kid so i want a docile breed
    i think silkies would be great but i love so many breed
    maybe cochin or ameraucana

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    well why wait, I have some RIR's ( 30 ) in bator now. I would like to get some EE's to do also sometime soon.

6. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:Have a mixed flock! Get White Silkies from Julie (Bammachicken) and Buff Orpingtons from Jody (hinkjc). I think the combination of the Buff and the white would be beautiful.

OR

Get Mottled Bantam Cochins, Barred Rocks from Cynthia (Speckled Hen) and White Ameraucanas from Jean (pips&peeps) for a cool Black and White flock.

Oh so many options but both of these suggestions would be fine with children.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm hoping that by January 8th I'll be hatching some Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas from Melissa (palofinofarms) The eggs should arrive tomorrow.

8. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:Such a BEAUTIFUL color. Good Luck

9. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

I just loaded 30 eggs in the electric skillet oven:) EE's & a few banty eggs for two separate flocks is the current plan, one flock buff/white (or is it called silver?) and the other flock black/silver and then b4 this post, I saw pics of Brahma's...so...got another plan hatching:rolleyes: maybe, because I thought at first I wanted American breeds that were on the endangered list but the more I see and learn...its hard to stick w/the plan, next to impossible!

10. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I doing blue LF cochins and I think some more silkies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by