what is good floor material for duck houses

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by showjumper_girl2002, Jul 14, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    hello [​IMG] i'm planning on building my spoiled ducklings a sort of duck mansion [​IMG] i've got pretty much everything down but was wondering what the best material would be to use for the floor? i know rabbit hutches just have a wire floor which at least lets the poo fall down under it instead of staying in the house for them to walk around and lay in lol. but is a wire bottom ok for ducks to walk on? also it is going to have two levels, the second one is going to have a solid enclosed house for them to sleep in where as the rest of the entire hutch walls will be wire. any ideas on flooring for both their house floor and the main hutch floor that is easy to clean and maintain but comfortable for them to walk on?

2. mickt

mickt Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    hi showjumper i have found sand is by far the best (inside) every day i wrake it and scoop up the poo mix a handful of lime once every two week for smell and its done [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by