What is happening to him???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by luvchicks8, Aug 20, 2010.

1. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    I just went down to check my game bird pair and my rooster looks awful. He is very cold to the touch and feels thin, I just got this pair a week ago. I seperated him gave him vitasol drops no iron and scrambled eggs. I have antibiotic here but not sure that would help?

2. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    He's probably sick. does he have any visual illnesses?? if he does, please post pictures. and you can also give him some scrambled eggs and see if that peps him up.

3. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I would check him for lice or mites and also check his poo.....he could have some sort of internal parasite, like worms.

4. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Ok he looks a little better no visual signs of illness, just lethargic and cold feeling. I saw nothing in his poo and no bugs on him [​IMG] He is alot better than this am he ate the eggs,took the vitamins and drinking. Do you think his partner could have roughed him up? They are the same age 31/2 months same breed but she is a bully to others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by