What is happening to my chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by daisychicken, Nov 4, 2013.

1. daisychicken

daisychicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2013
    Florida
    Heres what happened to all of my chickens so far. So my first chickens, were raised inside, so nothing happened to them. Then a couple months later one ran away while i was out of town. Then our second set of 6 chickens was raised outside. One got lost. So my third set of 6 chickens, actually lost 2. The first drown when it was a baby. And the second just died a couple days ago due to an unkown reason. My fourth set which we just got a few days ago. We lost the one I just named smokey! I have heard of generational curses our coop is pretty secure and I really don't know what happened!!!!!!! I don't want to lose one of these birds were getting today!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Unfortunately losing birds is part of the hobby. I've lost many myself to various causes, theft, predators, disease, accidents... It's possible that your missing birds got taken by predators, so it may be a good idea to go over the coop and run again and compare your set up with some of the tips and suggestions here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-predators-pests-how-to-protect-treat-your-flock Best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by