What is happening

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by terrilhb, Jan 20, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok I have 12 eggs in incubator. They are due tomorrow. Problem is I only see one moving. Is it possible the other ones are moving when I am not there? I am so worried. [​IMG] [​IMG] When I candled them before lockdown everything was fine. Sorry to bother everyone. My 1st hatch.

2. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Step away from the bator!!!!! Go find something to do... Sit on your hands.... But leave the bator alone.... [​IMG] You won't see all of them moving most times... Some people never notice the eggs moving... Be patient! [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

3. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    They should move?!? More stress for this first time hatcher too!![​IMG]

[​IMG] I can barely type while sitting on my hands!

4. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Yes GreenGoddess. I have been staring at them constantly. I actually got up during the night 5 x to check on them. [​IMG]. Guess I will just stay on here and clean house till it happens. Thanks for putting up with me. [​IMG]

5. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Take a deep breath, count to ten, and then slowly exhale. The best advice to give is to stay away from the bator so you dont worry but I know that is impossible as I can't do it myself [​IMG] . I have never seen any of my eggs rock. I have never heard any of my chicks chirp in the shell until they start to zip. I don't even candle my eggs. So when hatch date gets here, I am usually a total wreck. But I assure you, your babies are doing good. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing. And even though tomorrow is day 21, you may not have some hatch out until day 23. That has happened to me. There are lots of variables with hatching eggs. So here is a hug [​IMG] , and here is to your chickies [​IMG] (I'm telling them to come on out. They are worrying their mother)

6. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Some seem to rock alot and others don't seem to move at all. Probably moving when you are not looking! Nothing to worry about........

7. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Quote:Oh!! We're supposed to take our OWN advice?!? Oops! I didn't know that!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

8. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Quote:Yep.

Go bake a cake, plan a party to celebrate the hatch. Make it a pretty good party so you spend a lot of time in the kitchen and away from the bator. Make party favors, decorations, whatever, just don't do it around the bator.

I'll let you in on something else. Sometimes the pip is on the bottom where you cannot see it. You'll look in the bator and see nothing and come back 15 minutes later with a wet miserale looking chick laying in the bator. A little later it is playing rugby with all the unhatched eggs.

It is an exciting time. The best thing you can do though is leave them alone. Watching is permitted but only if you don't touch.

9. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Thank you all. It is so awesome hatching. I would not make it through this without all of you. Thank you all:hugs [​IMG]

10. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Ridgerunner, that is a good idea except my bator is in my kitchen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by