What is he mixed with???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Louieandthecrew, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Hey guys,
    This is my Delaware mix rooster. I don't know what he is mixed with but I think y'all can help! Any answer is GREAT because I want to sell him but noone will buy him if they don't know what he is! Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    With his buddie, my Welsummer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now here he is as a chick (sorry the picture is so big [​IMG])
    [​IMG]
    And as a young adolescent
    [​IMG]

Please tell me what you think!!!
    Thanks you!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  2. Louieandthecrew

oops! Two of the same pic. Sorry!

3. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    you can edit out the extra picture. Click the edit button at the bottom right and then go in and delete the line with the same image.

Carol

4. Louieandthecrew

Okay, thanks.... Do you have any idea of what he could be mixed with?

5. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jessica, I'm going to take a very rough stab at this and suggest maybe Ameraucana perhaps. He has the nice slate legs of an Amer. I am by no means even so much as well versed in breed identification, so I would certainly keep searching for answers. But he is a very handsome boy and I'm sure you'll have no problems finding him a new home. How is his personality? Is he friendly? Does he take his job serious? Does he treat his ladies well? These are all things that a prospective new owner will want to know. [​IMG] Oh, and how old is he now? Good luck on selling him.

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Jessica, I have no idea. But I agree he is handsome, and hopefully someone will take him. Sorry, wish I could help, but I haven't enough experience with Del crosses to guess!

7. Louieandthecrew

Quote:Thanks Serrin!
    He is actually very brave, he isn't very friendly, he doesn't really know what his job is yet [​IMG], he DOESN'T take his ladies very well (he actually scares them AWAY from him!), and he is now 6 months old. I hope that answered all of your questions! Thanks all!

8. eggseroneous

eggseroneous Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    South-Western PA
    I think just calling him a Delaware cross will be fine. If they ask what the mix is just say "The possibilities are endless!"...and wave your arms around in a flourish. That'll get them excited! [​IMG]

9. Louieandthecrew

haha! Okay then [​IMG]

10. Louieandthecrew

Yay! Today Zaxbys crowed for the first time ever!!!!! It was so great! I love my big boys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by