what is he?

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
4 months old. what is his color called, and his breed? thanks in advance!

Looks like a Splash Rosecomb Bantam to me. With incorrect comb of course, common in hatchery birds. The big, white, round earlobe is what set me on the Rosecomb path immediately. With a little digging I found some pictures of Splash Rosecomb roosters that look identical with exception of the comb. The earlobe is to large for a game bantam. Did he come from a hatchery?

Looks like a Splash Rosecomb Bantam to me. With incorrect comb of course, common in hatchery birds. The big, white, round earlobe is what set me on the Rosecomb path immediately. With a little digging I found some pictures of Splash Rosecomb roosters that look identical with exception of the comb. The earlobe is to large for a game bantam. Did he come from a hatchery?

That does look like a very likely match. Minus the comb, he looks more like a Rosecomb. Very pretty rooster whatever he is.

Looks like a Splash Rosecomb Bantam to me. With incorrect comb of course, common in hatchery birds. The big, white, round earlobe is what set me on the Rosecomb path immediately. With a little digging I found some pictures of Splash Rosecomb roosters that look identical with exception of the comb. The earlobe is to large for a game bantam. Did he come from a hatchery?

you're right, does look like a Splash rosecomb with wrong comb. he came from a local breeder who had full blood chicks of all different bantams in a bin sold as straight runs that didn't make the show quality cut.
I'll message her to see if she breeds rosecombs.

Back
Top Bottom