1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cnj-tx50, Nov 17, 2009.

1. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    [​IMG]
    Not too sure if he is an Aracuna or just a barnyard mix. Any ideas?

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    He looks like a mix (mutt) and I'd hazard a guess that it's a cross between a silver-laced Wyandotte and an Easter Egger.

3. cnj-tx50

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    Thanks!!! He was given to us by the next door neighbor and he's so sweet and gentle. Don't really need a big roo but he's pretty to look at and he does proect his girls!!

4. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Nice roo with huge spurs!

5. cnj-tx50

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    They do seem very long, but he doesn't seem to use them and he has never been aggressive with me or the girls!!

6. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Def. some easter egger in him. Pretty boy!

7. cnj-tx50

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    So I have 3 EE's that are laying egg and blue eggs and other mixed flocked, but is it te Roo that says egg color or the hen?

8. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    nice rooster with a great spur and i know
    what kind your chicken is and it called a
    faveroll i know this because i have the same
    bird as you and after winter they look great. [​IMG]

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    pedro, it's not a faverolle. Reasons:

1. His comb is not single.
    2. He does not have feathered legs.
    3. He has yellow skin-color.
    4. Does not have a fifth toe.

10. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Quote:a friend did a little research... and if i understand it right.. both parents contribute to egg color.. what you get is based on the dominance of the color though...
    blue/green is actually dominant.. but sorts co-dominant.. in that something can put a wash over it.. how you end up w/ olive eggers mixinf a green egger with a dark brown egger....
    i have an EE roo.. don't know what color egg he came out of because he was a feed store baby... i now have 3 week old offspring from him and my leghorn.. i'm hoping when they get big enough to lay it will tell me the color the roo is throwing... depending on how the white works it will either be the true color the roo is putting in, or a lighter version of it...
    but the good thing is, if it hatches from a green egg it will either lay greenish eggs or pass that green onto it's offspring...

granted... this is all just if i'm understanding it correctly from what i've been told.. if i'm wrong and someone knows better info please let us know...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by