1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is humidity suppose to be last 3 days of hatching???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I am to my 18th day and just want to know for sure what humidity suppose to be???

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    For chicken eggs you want to try for at least 65 degrees. Other birds are a bit higher, depending on what they are.

3. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Thank you shelly just wanted to be sure..what is the highest it can reach the humidity whithout hurting?

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'm not sure, but I would say no higher than 80% at most. usually around 70-75% is recommended.

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Im getting much better, cleaner hatches since Ive lowed the humidity a little bit. Im keeping the humidity at about 60% the last 3 days, and my results are much much better.

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    60%-65% is good. I woudnt go any higher than 75%

As the chicks start to hatch the hum will go up on its own so dont get it to high. GOOD LUCK !!

7. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Thanks everyone it is at 65% went up at beginning but stabled out and I have a sponge sitting in bator just below one of the airvents just incase it starts going low below 60% so I can drop some drops of water on to bring it up..can't remember who on here but got idea from that person.
    Temp is good and hum..so now I am in waiting..my first time so sure I will be amazed..[​IMG]

8. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Good luck...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see pics!!

9. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Kim about pictures..I have read and tried to upload pics on a coupe page and I have no idea how to do it..I am so use to just browsing and selecting a picture out of my pictures and upload.. I want to do this but I do not know how. thanks on any help..of exact what to do. Oh this post I will try one and see if get it. The beginning of my coupe which built couple weeks ago and has since been added to another coupe with a hospital pen and new chick pen and roosters only pen the fist coupe is my hen coupe for laying in future.
    didn't work on here either.

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Go to photobucket.com and open a free account. Upload your pics there, just like you would normally. After the upload and editing process, you copy the 'img' code, and paste it in your post. Voila!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by